Sunday, August 25, 2013

Joo Mak Korean Restaurant & Udders

hellooo there! Greetings from Southampton everybody! Its my 7th day since arriving in UK, weather has been great so far. Been held up by quite a few issues which have been resolved which is good and still trying to settle down though I guess it will be a little difficult to since we can only move into our permanent house for the next 1 year in mid sept. Hence, we are currently bunking around seniors place at the moment, so thankful for them! :) Will be posting up photos from around southampton soon, though I didn't really get much time to take any photos.

Alrights then, back to the topic. Headed down to Joo Mak korean restaurant at beauty world a few weeks back before flying off. Made a reservation the day before, I guess you have to especially if you are planning to go on public holidays or weekends cos it gets pretty crowded after 7pm. Ordered 4 dishes for 6 people and it was way sufficient, ended up filling really full and satisfied.

Part of the restaurant..

focusing was a bit off, still getting used to the new lens


this is budae jigae aka military stew which contains ramen, sausages, luncheon meat, pork belly, veggie, mushrooms, etc. Its a must try! How I wish I could have this now...

as usual..photo snapping of the food comes first!

ddukbokie aka spicy rice cakes with fish cake and raw cabbage. I wouldn't say its that nice but was just craving for it so we decide to order it. Otherwise you can cook this at home too, ntuc sells packs of rice cakes and sauces and its really easy to cook! Its a really good snack :)

the side dishes served. Especially loved the radish kimchi which had a tinge of sweet taste like pickles..tasted awesome.

jajangmyeon aka black bean paste noodles. Ordered the family size portion to share. This is actually my first time having jajangmyeon and the taste was superb, but then again, its my first attempt trying it so yeah, need to hunt for good jajangmyeon when I visit korea someday.

Kimchijeon aka kimchi pancake, it was good, not the best I have had though. Maybe I will try the seafood pancake the next time round..

yup, so basically that was my reviews on the food. One of the more authentic korean restaurants I have been to in Singapore so far. 

Headed down to udders thereafter for ice cream! Still one of the best places for ice cream no doubt. Can't really remembered what we ordered, only remembering taking home 1 pint of mao shan wang ice cream which I only managed one cup of it because was battling a sore throat after having mao shan wang durian. Oh wells, better than nothing I guess...needa wait 1 more year before I can feast on durians...roarrrr.



LOL. sorry yun. HAHAHA.

That is all at the moment, London bound tomorrow for the bank holidays! *excited* First time in london!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment