Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014

January is coming to an end and I am only starting to blog about the new year..haha. I guess it is just a mandatory post that everyone has to do to usher in the new year.

Well, what can I say about 2013..it was probably a year with many new experiences and beginnings. In the first half of the year or rather for 8 months, I was left idle (basically not studying..) and started working as a barista at coffee bean. It was definitely something I never regretted despite the choice of getting a higher pay in a administrative job..haha. Made new friends, enjoyed the working environment and of course the joy of experimenting and making your own customized drinks. Then time flew by and I was jetting off on a 13h flight to the uk to continue the rest of my course and university life. It was a whole new experience - different environment, people, culture, weather and a new level into my course. It has been 5 months since coming here, the weather has been rather kind so far despite the fact that rainy days are such a nuisance. Other than that, I am loving my course more and more each day. Even though it can be really tiring at times, it is definitely fulfilling and motivating. To end of 2013, I was travelling to london and around scotland where I celebrated new year's, photos soon, too many and too little time to edit them. I wouldn't say 2013 was the best year for me thus far but it was just a little different with many new starts to something.

Now that 2014 is here, I have yet to make any new year resolutions. In fact, I never ever do them, probably don't see a point since I am not going to religiously follow them..haha. Having said that, I do hope that 2014 will continue to be a good year for myself as well as all my loved ones. It is probably not going to be an easy year ahead, with major exams and research year starting in the second half of the year. Need to gear up and start nerding!

Here is a sneak peak into what is to come in the next post!

this was taken at winter wonderland and yes, I totally went for that ride...something to strike off the bucket list.

Till then!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment