Sunday, March 10, 2013

JCube The Rink

On this rainy sunday evening, how I wish I could snug up in bed and sleep all day..haha. As I blog, I can smell a strong aroma coming from the kitchen which is making my stomach grumble. Dinner tonight is my favourite 'emperor's dish'. :)

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago, a girlfriend of mine (celestine) and I headed down to JCube The Rink to ice-skate. She had a free voucher so we decided to go together and pay for one ticket rather than wasting the voucher. It is our first time skating on the new rink which opened not too long ago. I remember skating in the old rink quite a few times during the secondary school days where the price was way cheaper and it was unlimited skating. Then, we would start at 11am and leave the rink only at 7pm, pretty hardcore I know. I miss those days where there were food in the rink itself and nissin cup noodles with egg was always the food I ate there..haha. Now, the entrance fee is pretty expensive. It is around $18 for the entrance ticket and rental of skates. Moreover they have different blocks of skating time with each block at 2 hours so you are only allowed to skate for 2 hours. My comments on the rink, hmmm, I don't know if it is the skates which are too blunt or the surface of the ice was way too smooth like wax because it felt like I was always losing control which have never happened before to me. So yeah. Thankfully, we went around 5-7pm on a weekday so there weren't many people probably around 10-20 people on the olympic sized skating rink..HAHAH! Alright then, enough of words, now for the pictures..


the ticketing counter as well as gantries to scan the bar codes on the tags provided

stripe-fettish, socks and gloves all in stripe patterns. I can't remember where I bought those socks from actually. On the other hand, the gloves are from my sister, she got it free in korea. Apparently the gloves are smart touch gloves meaning you can use your touch screen mobile phones with the gloves on which I only knew when I came back and I saw the tag..haha.

skates on, all ready to go

the girlfriend, celestine

as you can see, the rink was really empty. this shot was taken towards the end of our 2hrs because my camera was kept in the bag in the lockers. Yup, lockers are provided, can't remember whether it is $1 or $2 for a locker but anyways, if you don't have coins, fret not, there is a coin machine available to change for coins

a slightly blur shot :(


looks like I booked the entire rink..hahaha.


apparently one of the rules on the rink is not to use mobile phones...

ice hockey score board. I remember watching one of the ice hockey friendly matches here late at night, it was purely coincidental actually.

sadly the photo the crew helped us take was also blur..ish.

I always wondered how the back of my adidas jacket will look like, I thought the gold studs were quite shiny, seems like I am wrong. This is 1 of the 2 adidas jackets which I own, both of which are bought from overseas. This one is from hong kong, bought it for less then SGD100 I think, it was the only piece left and was lucky the size fit me :)

at this time my feet was actually already hurting from the blisters


my dusty pink dirty grey jeans, yes it is supposed to be a bit pinkish but I guess after all the washing, the pink has almost faded off :( One of my favourite pairs of jeans from f21

the lockers provided



2 hours of skating doesn't seem long but with only 2 of us, it was seemed pretty long and tiring, going in a group will be more fun definitely. There is a wide variety of dining places at JCube but we ended up at Pique nique. It is my first time dining at the restaurant for dinner, been there once for ice cream and waffles which were quite nice.

The ambiance is really very nice and because there weren't many people, we got to pick our seats. Settled down at a really nice spot with comfy chairs, just that the table was a little small. 

the menu is pretty much like any other western restaurant menu with burgers and pasta

this is what I ordered, sorry but I can't remember what burger this was..haha, memory is failing on me. The burger was quite good just that it was quite difficult to eat as you can see, it is really tall even after trying to flatten it..haha.

Yup, so that sums up my adventures at the rink. On a side note, finally received my offer letter! :) Going to be busy settling all the visa and stuff in a few months to come. Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment