Friday, November 22, 2013

Winchester Bonfire

Greetings everyone! It's a friday! Yes, every end of the week calls for a celebration after a busy and tiring week. Although this week was more chilled out as compared to last week which was simply hectic. Just another week and I will be done with medicine placements and will be moving on to surgery. Time really flies and it has been 3 months since I have been in uk. Very soon, 3 years will go by and I will be graduating...sounds scary and too fast to be true. On a side note, the weather has been getting really cold in the past week, my hands are still cold even as I am typing out this post, despite the heater being on. Whats worse is that the news have reported this winter to be the worse winter in many years, and a long one running into autumn..so not looking forward to it, except the snow, if it does in soton.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, a group of us went down to winchester for bonfire night. Did not managed to tour and snap photos of winchester because we only went there in the evening but it is a really nice place. Definitely gonna head back there again for a proper touring session.

found their wrist band tags really awesome, not those plastic-paper kind of material that you get back home..haha

fire torch bearer for the night

some random skit that was interesting for the first 5minutes and died down after that...sadly.


torches have been lit, now heading to the venue


by the time we reached the place, there were so many people that we did not manage to see them light up the bonfire...

So, then after there was a long series of fireworks which lasted probably 15 minutes? I actually shot 200 plus photos of the fireworks but ended up with 30 photos which were passable. First of all, I admit, I am still very much an amateur taking fireworks photos. Second of all, the fireworks arrangement wasn't that fantastic to be shot and it was a bit messy so they don't show up great in photos.








fire still ongoing at the end of the fireworks display. To be honest, despite the fire, I was still freezing out there. Wondering how am I going to survive the new year outdoor celebration..

Yup, so there you go for the winchester bonfire night. I wouldn't say it was an amazing experience but probably something to experience in a lifetime.

Heading off now, cannot wait for christmas! 1 month more to our very precious 2 weeks winter break and also hopefully to a new phone. My bb decided to suffer a cardiac arrest and die on me so I am currently back to using a semi-ancient phone which permits me to only call and text. Best is, I just reloaded credit with data into my phone a day before my bb crashed on me. Praying hard that I will be able to get a new phone come 2014. :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment